We had another baking day today, after looking at how cereal crops are grown and harvested and how flour is produced, we made some delicious cheesy straws.
The recipe and method is below if you would like to have a go yourself, the are super quick, easy and tasty!
100g plain white flour
50g bu4er or margarine 50g Cheddar cheese
2 x 15ml spoons cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray.
3. SiE the flour into a mixing bowl.
4. Using your fingerIps, rub the bu4er or margarine into the flour unIl it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. Grate the cheese.
6. SIr the cheese into the flour mixture.
7. Using your hands, mix to form a smooth dough, adding a li4le cold water to help bind the mixture together.
8. Roll out, on a lightly floured surface, to form a rectangle about 0.5cm thick.
9. Trim away the edges and cut into thin strips, about 0.5cm x 7cm, using a pale4e knife.
10. Place the straws on the baking tray and bake for 12–15 minutes or unIl golden brown.
11. Allow to cool before removing from the baking tray onto a cooling rack.